Strategic internal linking is a powerful SEO technique especially for content marketing. Internal Linking in the blog articles and other content is something you can do on an ongoing basis.
What is Internal Linking?
An internal link connects one page of a website to a different page on the same website. In an internal link, the source domain and target domain are the same.
The Intent of Internal Linking
Internal Linking has three main purposes :
Aids in website navigation.
Defines the structure and hierarchy of the website
Distributes the page authority and ranking power.
Here are some tips which will improve the content performance to help the SEO newbies :
1. Create lots of content - In order to create internal pages, you need to have lots of internal pages. According to a leading digital marketing company in Delhi, when you create lots of content, you will have lots of linkable content. The more links to more places, the better your internal linking strategy.
2. Use anchor text - Your internal links must use anchor text as opposed to linked images. The image links are fine assuming the image is properly alt-tagged. Use natural and unoptimized sentence fragments as anchor texts.
3. Link deep - There are two links one should avoid :
Homepage : Most sites have too many links to the webpage. Strengthen the internal pages to boost the overall SEO of your site.
Contact Us : This is a common mistake which some of SEO enthusiasts make. Don’t link the contact us page unless absolutely necessary.
The best and most natural links in a content marketing strategy are within the structure of a site.
4. Use links which are natural - Internal linking requires a user-focused approach to adding value and information. The link value which gets distributed throughout the site is secondary to this key point - providing value to the reader. One of the many benefits of internal linking as suggested by seo agency in Delhi is that it improves user engagement on the site. When a user sees an informative link which matches the context of the content, they can click on that link. It can be an external link, as long as it is something the reader will be interested in. However, if it is an internal one, the site visitor stays longer and becomes more involved in the website experience.
5. Use relevant links - Elixir Web Solutions, a superior digital marketing company in Delhi recommend to link to content which is relevant to the source context. Do not merely link for the sake of linking. Linking different pages will not provide mutual enhancement from internal crosslinking. As much as possible, try link to relevant content in your internal linking.
6. Use follow links - Follow links are the best way to build out the internal link architecture of your content marketing. One strategy was to nofollow most of the links on a page, in order to increase the link thread to a single page. According to some, these links can help sites avoid problems with search engines believing they are selling influence or are somehow involved in schemes deemed as unacceptable SEO practices. Despite value, using the nofollow links is not a strategy you should be using as part of the internal content links.
7. Use a reasonable number of internal links - The best digital marketing companies in India say ‘Keep the links on a given page to a reasonable number.’ But what is the reasonable number? The answer is there’s no magic number. Add as many links a would be helpful for the user.
Internal linking when performed keeping these 7 tips in mind is easy and effective. You can experience a stronger link profile and better SEO by consistent internal linking.
Have more queries? Contact Elixir Web Solutions now!